When attempting to start the IntegratedWebLogicServer in Oracle JDeveloper 184.108.40.206, I received the following error:
Error: Could not find or load main class Aboulnaga\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\system220.127.116.11.42.170820.0914\DefaultDomain
And here's a screenshot from the IDE:
Turns out the issue is that my Microsoft Windows user "Ahmed Aboulnaga" contains a space, which threw off a lot of the directories in many of the scripts.
So I did a recursive search for all
*.cmd files under the newly DefaultDomain which contains the string "Ahmed Aboulnaga", and here's what I found:
Here's an example of one of the scripts, and you can see the subfolder/user that is causing the issue in question. Note that this is only applicable to JDeveloper running on Windows-based workstations:
First Attempt (did not work)
I edited each of the
*.cmd files identified and qualified them with double quotes as shown:
Normal this takes care of the spaces in other Windows scripts, but JDeveloper threw a new error:
The system cannot find the path specified.
And here's the snippet from the IDE log output:
Clearly it's not finding Java because the path looks wrong, so instead of trying to troubleshoot this further, I opted for an alternate solution.
Second Attempt (worked!)
Windows allows you to reference files and folder names by their long name or their short name for this exact reason. I ran the
dir /X command to find the what the short name for this particular folder was:
Now I edited each of the
*.cmd for a second time and replaced all references as follows: