When you enable configuration archive in your Oracle WebLogic Server domain, the entire domain configuration is backed up at every server restart. This is pretty much a must-have setting for every domain. There are absolutely no disadvantages in enabling this, and can come in extremely handy if you experience an issue and want to easily recover/rollback.
- Login to the Oracle WebLogic Server Administration Console.
- Click on the domain name on the left.
- Click on Advanced.
- Enable the 'Configuration Archive Enabled' option.
- Set the 'Archive Configuration Count'.
- Save and activate changes.
- Restart your entire domain.
The backup is saved to
config-booted.jar under the
$DOMAIN_HOME folder as shown:
Each archive is about 1 MB in size. Previous archives are stored in the